pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Scott Tomer <sc...@tomer.cc>
Subject Re: International characters only show correctly when form field is selected
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 15:57:43 GMT
It is generated at a customer.

Here is an image from the debugger:

Thanks

> On Mar 8, 2018, at 8:47 PM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Is the form generated in your company? If yes, can you generate an empty form with just
one field?

> If not, please open the file with PDFDebugger and click "show internal structure" and
then show the appearance stream (..../AP/N ) and the default appearance (..../DA) of the field.
Also the details of Acroform/DR as seen here. The image should either be inline in the mail
or uploaded to a sharehoster (e.g. dropbox, google drive, etc). Blacken anything that is confidential.

<http://pdfbox-users.markmail.org/> before asking with no luck.

but getting odd results when certain international characters are used (some, not all).  When
the pdf is first opened, the characters shown are basically garbage.  Here is an example:
þÿB D Aóz

on Linux choose “Show Forms”), the correct characters are shown.  Here is what is inserted
into the field and shown when field is selected: ł ń Ł ó ź

the correct font for the view when editing a field.

{

>>> Looks like there is an issue with the appearance generation. Which PDFBox version
are you using? Could you upload a sample PDF to a public location for further investigstion?