pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Scott Tomer <sc...@tomer.cc>
Subject Re: International characters only show correctly when form field is selected
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 17:05:28 GMT
Certainly, I appreciate the help.  It appears to be DictionaryEncoding:

Thanks,
Scott

> On Mar 9, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Could you open the /DR part completely, both the one here and in Acroform/DR ? And the
"N" part too, if there are any resources with fonts. This is to see how "TiRo" is configured.
Normally it should bring an exception, like this when trying to assign "Stanisław" in the
CreateSimpleForm example:

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: U+0142 ('lslash') is not
available in this font Helvetica encoding: WinAnsiEncoding

> What I can see from your image is that your font uses 2 bytes per character, so likely
it isn't WinAnsiEncoding, or something else went wrong.

> <ipojkljkjbmhhdbj.png>
>
> Tilman
>
> Am 09.03.2018 um 16:57 schrieb Scott Tomer:
>> It is generated at a customer.
>>
>> Here is an image from the debugger:
>> <PastedGraphic-1.png>
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>> On Mar 8, 2018, at 8:47 PM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de <mailto:THausherr@t-online.de>>
wrote:

>>> Is the form generated in your company? If yes, can you generate an empty form
with just one field?

>>> If not, please open the file with PDFDebugger and click "show internal structure"
and then show the appearance stream (..../AP/N ) and the default appearance (..../DA) of the
field. Also the details of Acroform/DR as seen here. The image should either be inline in
the mail or uploaded to a sharehoster (e.g. dropbox, google drive, etc). Blacken anything
that is confidential.

<mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de> wrote:

> [...]
<http://pdfbox-users.markmail.org/> <http://pdfbox-users.markmail.org/> <http://pdfbox-users.markmail.org/>
before asking with no luck.

template but getting odd results when certain international characters are used (some, not
all).  When the pdf is first opened, the characters shown are basically garbage.  Here is
an example: þÿB D Aóz

Okular on Linux choose “Show Forms”), the correct characters are shown.  Here is what
is inserted into the field and shown when field is selected: ł ń Ł ó ź

and the correct font for the view when editing a field.

{

version are you using? Could you upload a sample PDF to a public location for further investigstion?