pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From David Fertig <David.Fer...@navihealth.com>
Subject RE: Some merged PDF documents open to pages other than first page.
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:21:47 GMT
I can see that the open page action when from 1 to like 13 so setting the openAction to null
seems to resolve my issue.

How can I use PDPageDestination to reset it to 1 manually instead of just removing the action
entirely?  (Is that guaranteed to open to page 1?)

Thank you again,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 11:52 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Some merged PDF documents open to pages other than first page.

Maybe that file had an OpenAction pointing to that page? There is a recent change that takes
care to keep the destination after a merge.

If you don't want that, just remove the OpenAction.
(document.getDocumentCatalog().setOpenAction(null) )

Tilman

Am 12.02.2018 um 17:22 schrieb David Fertig:

> I've been merging a lot of pdfs in various orders.  I have one PDF in
> particular that where-ever I put it in the merge order, when that
> combined PDF is opened, it always goes to the first page of that
> special document.  So if I merge a 3, 3, 2, 1, and the 2-pager is the
> magic document, that pdf is always opened to page 7 (first page of 2
> pager). Any thoughts?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Dave
>
> cid:image001.png@01D326FE.E40DBA90
> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnavih
> ealth.us%2F&data=02%7C01%7CDavid.Fertig%40navihealth.com%7Cc6f7986c78f
> 644665e4908d57238df3f%7C6e94af0345c143158632e1c94ce46b97%7C1%7C1%7C636
> 540510952976374&sdata=m5k6EZ%2FmMdwFi0t0rYB2I3CXrrNrWqqsKf%2FfmbJUHyw%
> 3D&reserved=0>
>

> David Fertig
> Principal Software Engineer
>
> O:617.420.1483
> M:508.353.4348
> F:617.988.8530
>
> This email, including attachments, may contain information that is
> privileged, confidential or is exempt from disclosure under applicable
> law (including, but not limited to, protected health information). It
> is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized
> persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
> or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
> If you believe this email was sent to you in error, do not read it.
> Please notify the sender immediately informing them of the error and
> delete all copies and attachments of the message from your system.
> Thank you.

This email, including attachments, may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or is exempt from disclosure under applicable law (including, but not limited to, protected
health information). It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized
persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.