pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From William Nardone <william.nard...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: Problem with setting PageMode
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 20:54:59 GMT
Tilman,
That was it, thanks!
Bill
From: Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de>
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2018 3:50 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with setting PageMode

Replace this line

PDDocumentCatalog pg = new PDDocumentCatalog(mergedPDF) ;

with this:

PDDocumentCatalog pg = mergedPDF.getDocumentCatalog();

Your line recreated the document root. I'll see whether the javadoc
should warn against doing this.

Tilman

Am 05.02.2018 um 21:40 schrieb William Nardone:
> ________________________________
> HI,
> We are using PDFBox to merge documents, change a few settings after the merge, then secure
and encrypt the document.  Everything is working except when we attempt to set the PageMode;
the resulting document is corrupt and cannot be opened.   We've stripped everything down to
open the source file, update the pageMode, and save to a target file with a different name.
 But we still get the same error.  The same thing happens for PageLayout, and when I try to
fetch the Page Viewer preferences I get a null pointer.  [PDViewerPreferences vp = pg.getViewerPreferences();
]

> The initial error is cannot open this file.  There was a problem reading this document
(14).
> Hitting ctrl-OK button gives:  Expected a dict object.
>
> Code snippet:
>              mergedPDF = PDDocument.load( new File(sourceFileName));
>              PDDocumentCatalog pg = new PDDocumentCatalog(mergedPDF) ;
>              PageMode pm = PageMode.USE_OUTLINES ;
>              pg.setPageMode(pm);
>              mergedPDF.save(targetFileName);
>              mergedPDF.close();
>
> Using PDFBox 2.0.8
> eclipse Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)
> Java 8.0.73
> original pdf file has Version: 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)
>
> We are trying to wrap up this project and like PDFBox, but need to get past this problem.
 Please provide any suggestions on how to fix this.