pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Issue regarding the slow image rendering for certain PDF file using PDFToImage
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2018 08:05:16 GMT
Am 09.01.2018 um 07:10 schrieb Soon Keong Tan:
> My team is having some problems with the image rendering speed of certain
> PDF file. For most of the pdf files we are handling, it only took seconds
> to create an image of the file but for certain pdf, it took more than 6
> minutes.
>
> We have tried the following version of pdfbox-app-x.x.x.jar, and it seems
> that 1.8.x is more efficient at rendering the image.
>   (1)1.8.13  - 1.5 mins
>   (2)2.0.5 - 6.18 mins
>   (3)2.0.8 -  6.35 mins
> However, due to the problem that we had with some files where some Japanese
> characters were not correctly rendered using 1.8.13, we had to use 2.0.5 as
> the production version.
>
> I tried inserting some debug code in the PDFToImage class (ver2.0.5) to
> determine the bottle-necked process, and it seems
> "renderer.renderImageWithDPI" was taking up most of the time.
>
> ==========================
> Java version: 1.7.0_72
> PDFBox version: 2.0.5
> Command line: java -jar ./pdfbox-app-2.0.5.jar PDFToImage -time -startPage
> 1 -endPage 1 ./sample_slow.pdf
> File: https://goo.gl/WEMM2X
> this problem?

It's fine to post to the mailing list first.

I had a quick look on your file... it has 1999 probably identical
separation colorspaces that are just a black or white value. These map
to a CMYK colorspace.

I'll look more later this week.

Did you set / try the two settings mentioned here?
https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/getting-started.html

Tilman