pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: pdf with vertical mediabox but landscape rotation
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2018 10:30:33 GMT
Am 07.01.2018 um 11:17 schrieb chitgoks:
> hi tilman ok
>
> i dont understand what the norotate flag is for

See in the PDF specification: "If set, do not rotate the annotation’s
appearance to match the rotation of the page. The upper-left corner of
the annotation rectangle shall remain in a fixed location on the page,
regardless of the page rotation. See further discussion following this
Table."

If you do your own rendering you need to do the transformations
(rotation + appropriate translation, because a "pure" rotation is around
a corner and not around the middle) similar to PDFRenderer.java before
displaying the annotations. Unless the flag is set. (Which is a problem
for PDFBox, because we always have the transformations already active
when rendering annotations, so one would have to temporarly "undo" these
when rendering "NoRotate" annotations)

Tilman