pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Flynn, Peter" <pfl...@ucc.ie>
Subject RE: Mismatch between XeLaTeX fontspec and Apache PDFBox
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:02:29 GMT

/bin/java -jar /usr/local/src/pdfbox-app-1.8.4.jar \
                    ExtractText -html -force V$pubno-crop.pdf \
                    V$pubno-crop.html
--
Peter Flynn | Academic & Collaborative Technologies | University College Cork IT Services
| ☎ +353 21 490 2609 | ✉ pflynn@ucc.ie<mailto:pflynn@ucc.ie> | 🌍 www.ucc.ie<http://www.ucc.ie>

On 2018-01-28 12:30:58+00:00 Tilman Hausherr wrote:

Hi,
I can only answer about PDFBox... no PDF has anything bold. Both have
something italic.

Yes, sorry about that. I picked an example that only has italic.

The PDF without fontspec doesn't have the "é".

Correct. But it does convert with PDFBox and identifies the italics.

The PDF with fontspec can be converted to HTML with "ExtractText -html"

I convert with the command

/bin/java -jar /usr/local/src/pdfbox-app-1.8.4.jar ExtractText -html -force filename.pdf filename.html

and the results were as given in thre .zip file: no italics. What version are you using?