pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From David Fertig <David.Fer...@navihealth.com>
Subject "Could not find font: /TimesNewRoman" when flattening form with refreshAppearances set to true.
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 07:03:37 GMT
I am loading a PDF file into a PDDocument , using its PDAcroForm.importFDF to import FDF field
data, and then using PDAcroForm.flatten.

When refreshAppearances is false PDAcroForm.flatten works, but when refreshAppearances is
true, I get the exception below.  This happens on linux (where I've added all the MS font
RPMS) and windows where all the MS fonts should be.

Thank you in advance,
Dave

Could not find font: /TimesNewRoman
java.io.IOException: Could not find font: /TimesNewRoman
        at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDDefaultAppearanceString.processSetFont(PDDefaultAppearanceString.java:180)
        at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDDefaultAppearanceString.processOperator(PDDefaultAppearanceString.java:132)
        at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDDefaultAppearanceString.processAppearanceStringOperators(PDDefaultAppearanceString.java:108)
        at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDDefaultAppearanceString.<init>(PDDefaultAppearanceString.java:86)
        at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDVariableText.getDefaultAppearanceString(PDVariableText.java:93)
        at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.AppearanceGeneratorHelper.<init>(AppearanceGeneratorHelper.java:100)
        at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDTextField.constructAppearances(PDTextField.java:262)
        at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDAcroForm.refreshAppearances(PDAcroForm.java:390)
        at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDAcroForm.flatten(PDAcroForm.java:265)

This email, including attachments, may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or is exempt from disclosure under applicable law (including, but not limited to, protected
health information). It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized
persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you believe this email was sent to you in error, do not read it. Please notify the sender
immediately informing them of the error and delete all copies and attachments of the message
from your system. Thank you.