pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Does anyone has experience in using pdfbox in oracle database jvm?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 18:03:24 GMT

> Am 25.01.2018 um 18:44 schrieb Ramos, Luis (DOC) <Luis.Ramos@state.de.us>:
>
> The pdf documents are stored in a BLOB column. The reason we are trying to do it inside
the DB is to avoid to download to filesystem to process pdftoimage method and upload the image
back to the DB from filesystem.

couldn't you read the BLOB as an InputStream and pass that to the PDDocument.load() method?

e.g. ResultSet.getBinaryStream() or Blob.getBinaryStream(). The same way you could use Blob.setBinaryStream()
to get an OutputStream to write to.

BR
Maruan

> Now I am trying to load/compile the sources of each method in the DB. Do you know the
order in which to compile each individual method?

>      Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.

> This communication is for the use of the intended recipient only.  It may contain
> information that is privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient
of
> this information, any disclosure, copying, further distribution or use thereof is prohibited.

> If you have received this communication in error, please advise me by return
> e-mail or by telephone and delete/destroy it.

If you’re having problems integrating with the Oracle database, you will probably find more
helpful asking on their list.

> Unless it’s a very particular situation, I’d advise you to separate any pdf processing
from the database itself, since I think it will be easier to maintain and loading the whole
library probably won’t help in the database performance.

> Diego Azevedo
> Software Developer
> E-SEC Digital Security
> www.esec.com.br
>

> The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited,
and all liability arising therefrom is disclaimed. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer

>> On 24 Jan 2018, at 19:56, Ramos, Luis (DOC) <Luis.Ramos@state.de.us> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Tried the test
>>
>> [oracle@dev01 dacs_workarea]$
>> /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/jdk/jre/bin/java -version java version "1.5.0_30"
>> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_30-b03)
>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_30-b03, mixed mode)
>>
>> [oracle@dev01 dacs_workarea]$
>> /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/jdk/jre/bin/java -jar
>> pdfbox-app-1.8.13.jar  ExtractText releasechecklist.pdf
>>
>> All good I got the text file
>>
>> P     Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.

>> *************** This communication is for the use of the intended
>> recipient only.  It may contain information that is privileged and
>> confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
>> information, any disclosure, copying, further distribution or use thereof is prohibited.
>> If you have received this communication in error, please advise me by
>> return e-mail or by telephone and delete/destroy it.

integration with the database will probably be trickier.