pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Diego Azevedo <dazev...@esec.com.br>
Subject Re: Does anyone has experience in using pdfbox in oracle database jvm?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 01:07:52 GMT
Well,

Then you already know that the integration between pdfbox and the jvm is not the issue. If
you’re having problems integrating with the Oracle database, you will probably find more
helpful asking on their list.

Unless it’s a very particular situation, I’d advise you to separate any pdf processing
from the database itself, since I think it will be easier to maintain and loading the whole
library probably won’t help in the database performance.

Diego Azevedo
Software Developer
E-SEC Digital Security
www.esec.com.br

The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited,
and all liability arising therefrom is disclaimed. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer

> On 24 Jan 2018, at 19:56, Ramos, Luis (DOC) <Luis.Ramos@state.de.us> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Tried the test
>
> [oracle@dev01 dacs_workarea]$ /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/jdk/jre/bin/java
-version
> java version "1.5.0_30"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_30-b03)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_30-b03, mixed mode)
>
> [oracle@dev01 dacs_workarea]$ /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/jdk/jre/bin/java
-jar pdfbox-app-1.8.13.jar  ExtractText releasechecklist.pdf

> All good I got the text file
>
>      Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.

> This communication is for the use of the intended recipient only.  It may contain
> information that is privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient
of
> this information, any disclosure, copying, further distribution or use thereof is prohibited.

> If you have received this communication in error, please advise me by return
> e-mail or by telephone and delete/destroy it.

with the database will probably be trickier.

> If it doesn't work, please provide the full command you used, the pdf (you'll need to
host somewhere, attachments are usually blocked) and the output. It's easier to help with
all info =)