pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: org.apache.pdfbox.examples.util.PDFHighlighter could not be found
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 17:09:39 GMT
If I do this:

java -cp pdfbox-examples-2.0.8.jar
org.apache.pdfbox.examples.util.PDFHighlighter

then I get:

Fehler: Hauptklasse org.apache.pdfbox.examples.util.PDFHighlighter
konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden
Ursache: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/pdfbox/text/PDFTextStripper

So maybe you missed the rest of your error message. Your text was most
likely not in german, but it certainly mentioned PDFTextStripper.

You need to add the rest of the library as well. Either use all the
dependencies individually (see web page), or add the pdfbox-app to your
classpath.

So your call is more like

java -cp "pdfbox-examples-2.0.8.jar;pdfbox-app-2.0.8.jar"
org.apache.pdfbox.examples.util.PDFHighlighter

Tilman