pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Ramos, Luis (DOC)" <Luis.Ra...@state.de.us>
Subject RE: Does anyone has experience in using pdfbox in oracle database jvm?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 21:56:23 GMT
Hi,
Tried the test

[oracle@dev01 dacs_workarea]$ /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/jdk/jre/bin/java -version
java version "1.5.0_30"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_30-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_30-b03, mixed mode)

[oracle@dev01 dacs_workarea]$ /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/jdk/jre/bin/java -jar
pdfbox-app-1.8.13.jar  ExtractText releasechecklist.pdf

All good I got the text file

     Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.

This communication is for the use of the intended recipient only.  It may contain
information that is privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of

this information, any disclosure, copying, further distribution or use thereof is prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please advise me by return
e-mail or by telephone and delete/destroy it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diego Azevedo [mailto:dazevedo@esec.com.br]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 6:10 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Does anyone has experience in using pdfbox in oracle database jvm?

Luis,

To check whether pdfbox runs ok on the db jvm, I'm gonna advise you to run something simpler:
Can you just run a pdf text extraction (using command-line tools) while pointing to the db
jvm?

If this works, you'll know that pdfbox is capable of running on the jvm itself. The integration
with the database will probably be trickier.

If it doesn't work, please provide the full command you used, the pdf (you'll need to host
somewhere, attachments are usually blocked) and the output. It's easier to help with all info
=)

[]'s

Diego Azevedo