pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Decrypt PDF to edit it then encrypt it
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 16:42:26 GMT
Am 03.01.2018 um 12:34 schrieb Hesham Gneady:
> I am asking if there is a way to copy the encryption dictionary(Or whatever you call
it) just as it is to re-encrypt the PDF file using it once again. I don't want to reveal any
password.

Oh. I haven't tried it - what you might try would be to change
COSWriter.java to skip this line:

securityHandler.prepareDocumentForEncryption(pdDocument);

But I don't know if this is good practice. The encryption keys (derived
from your keys) have a random component that is different for each PDF
even if your keys are the same. So maybe you're weakening encryption
this way.

Tilman