pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Ivan Ridao Freitas | IvanRF.com" <i...@ivanrf.com>
Subject Re: Printing Sides and Chromaticity
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2018 03:51:26 GMT
Regarding Sides, my doubt was if I set the Sides.ONE_SIDED equivalent in
the PDDocument, for example:

    PDViewerPreferences prefs = new
    PDViewerPreferences(document.getDocumentCatalog().getCOSObject());
    prefs.setDuplex(PDViewerPreferences.DUPLEX.Simplex);
    document.getDocumentCatalog().setViewerPreferences(prefs);

will this be respected when I print the PDF like this?:

    PrinterJob job = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob();
    Book book = new Book();
    book.append(new PDFPrintable(document, scaling), pageFormat,
    document.getNumberOfPages());
    job.setPageable(book);

    job.print();

I just test it and I can say it is not respected. I guess that's why you
added the example code on Printing.java to show how to convert the
PDViewerPreferences to a PrintRequestAttributeSet.

So, is it right to say that the sides preference of a print job can only
be defined with PrintRequestAttributeSet attributes and not with a
Pageable/Printable object?

Regarding grayscale, is extending PDFPrintable and overriding
print(Graphics, PageFormat, int) the right place to modify the graphics
color? Also, if the PDF is rendered as an image wouldn't be a negative
impact on printing performance and quality?

Thanks!

Ivan