pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Indronil Chaudhuri <incre2...@gmail.com>
Subject Flags and on curve
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 10:48:23 GMT
Hi ,
     I am a new user of the font box library . I need to draw bezier curves
using data from the glyph table .
     Class GlyfSimpleDescript has a method called getFlags(pointIndex)
which returns the flags at the coordinate point index pointed to by the
value of  pointIndex.

     But I get values like 33 , 54 etc . Please tell me what is the meaning
of these flags . The API documentation have so such details available .The
ttfdump files have a section like this

Flags
-----
  0:                                             On
  1:        XDual                           Off
  2:                                             Off
  3: YDual                                  On
  4:                                X-Short On
  5: YDual                                  Off
  6:                                             Off
  7:        XDual                           On
  8: YDual                                  On
  9:        XDual                           Off
10:                                            Off
11: YDual                                 On
12:        XDual             Y-Short On
13: YDual                                 Off
14:                                            Off
15:        XDual                          On
16:                                            On
17: YDual                    X-Short On

I need to check whether the point being draw on the screen is on or off the
curve .
We have a GlyfSimpleDescript ON_CURVE constant in the library which only
returns 1 . I need to find out the on/off curve status for each of the
points , which I am not being able to find out at present .

Writing this mail after a lot of search , if I receive a reply I wish to
share it with all the other users .

Please kindly advice.