pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Dick Martin <rtmar...@nycap.rr.com>
Subject saveXFDF doesn't include values?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 15:17:04 GMT
Hi,
Using PDFBox 2.0.8 (and other versions), the saveXFDF method of FDFDocument
doesn't include the form field values in the resulting XFDF file.  Running
the same code with the save method for FDF output, the values are
included.  See examples below from the same code (except save method) and
the same PDF file.

Is this expected behavior?  Is this a known issue?  I could workaround this
by altering the PrintFields example to construct an XFDF file but would
hope that saveXFDF would behave like save.

I can provide the code and PDF file if needed but given the behavior of the
save method, I suspect that wouldn't be needed.
Thanks.  And thanks for producing PDFBox.  It's a great library.
Dick Martin

*Output from save method of FDFDocument*
7 0 obj
<<
/T (Primary Care Physician)
/V (Dr. Somebody)

endobj

*Output from saveXFDF method of FDFDocument*
<field name="Primary Care Physician">
</field>