pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Self <matt...@mself.com>
Subject Fwd: Exception when extracting text on one Mac, but not on another
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2017 14:59:10 GMT
Hi,

    When I try to extract text from this PDF
<https://mself.box.com/s/o8ye6vli9jcua0i08dswgdqg723eyrgx> with 2.0.7 on my
Mac, I get the following exception:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: TTF fonts do not have a CFF table

When I run it on my other Mac, I do get the extracted text, although I see
this warning:

WARNING: Using fallback KozMinPr6N-Light for CID-keyed font Ryumin-Light"

I checked, and the second Mac has Ryumin-Light installed, but the first Mac
does not.

Is this expected behavior?  Could it be that the font mapper is selecting
an OTF font as the fallback on the first Mac?

Thank you for any info...

        --Matthew