pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Setting background transparency for imported PDFormXObject
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 17:05:06 GMT
You can't set only a part of it transparent. You can only have some
transparency effect on the whole thing.

Maybe there is some blending that would remove white, then this would
remove the white everywhere, or maybe have other effects. Have a look here:
http://www.pdfvt.com/PDFVT_TransparencyGuide.html

It would be easier to remove the white background in the xobject form
you want to invoke, especially if this is a one-time job. However this
may be tricky, a "background" can be many things.

Tilman

PS: use the PDPageContentStream with 5 parameters (read the javadoc
why), unless you know in advance what kind of PDFs you append to.

Am 26.11.2017 um 19:19 schrieb Steve Jerman:
> Hi,
>

> I am creating an application that creates a report using a template page for each and
then positions graphics on each page.

> To allow me to use vector based graphics, they are each imported as PDFs:
>

> try (PDPageContentStream contents = new PDPageContentStream(doc, currentPage, AppendMode.APPEND,
true);

> PDDocument imageDoc = PDDocument.load(pdfGraph);) {
>

> LayerUtility layerUtility = new LayerUtility(doc);
>
> PDFormXObject form = layerUtility.importPageAsForm(imageDoc, 0);
>
> contents.saveGraphicsState();
>
> Matrix matrix = Matrix.getTranslateInstance(rect.getLowerLeftX(), rect.getLowerLeftY());
>
> contents.transform(matrix);
>
> contents.drawForm(form);
>
> contents.restoreGraphicsState();
>

> }
>
> Now, this seems to work fine. However, these is one issue ... I would like to have the
background of the imported graphic be transparent. At present it comes in with a white background.