pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Joel Hirsh <joelehi...@gmail.com>
Subject Image generation changes from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2017 16:55:35 GMT
I am using PDFRenderer.renderImageWithDPI and found that the generated
images have changed substantially from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7.  Images are 2x to 4x
bigger in 2.07 than 2.0.6 and really impact OCR processing on those images.

Its hard to say whether or how one is 'better' than the other, but I'd like
to understand what is happening and maybe how to control this.  I didn't
see anything in the 2.0.7 release notes that seemed to indicate a
difference.

I have verified that I can go back and forth between 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 and
get consistent results within each version.  And everything else is the
same.

I am also using the following jars:
levigo-jbig2-imageio-1.6.5.jar
imageio-jpeg-3.2.1.jar
imageio-metadata-3.2.1.jar
imageio-core-3.2.1.jar
common-image-3.2.1.jar
jai-imageio-core-1.3.1.jar
jai-imageio-jpeg2000-1.3.1_CODICE_1.jar

Any light you can cast on this would be appreciated.