pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Image generation changes from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2017 22:22:11 GMT
Ah, now I get it. Initially I thought you meant size as in height / width.

There have sometimes been some improvements re image quality; more
quality = bigger images. The one on the right is the better one. Nobody
would like an image with "blocky" glyphs.

I remember one issue but that one was fixed in 2.0.4

Another one is
but that one was fixed in 2.0.5 (and sometimes made images worse)

To find out what changed, I'd need to have a specific file to test with.
I could then get different versions from the repository and build and
test when this happened. (But it would be better if you'd do it)

But currently we don't offer to switch this on or off. You could change
it in the source code, in PageDrawer.java, search for setRenderingHints().

Tilman