pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDFBox Bookmark Pane Show on Open
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 21:53:54 GMT
I think what you need is

document.getDocumentCatalog().setPageMode(PageMode.USE_OUTLINES)

(I haven't tested it, going to sleep soon)

Tilman

Am 03.10.2017 um 23:04 schrieb Cowen-Luehrmann, Aron (US - Arlington):
> Hi All,
>
> I am creating a PDF using PDFBox and want the bookmarks pane to be visible when the pdf
is opened. Right now, I have successfully added bookmarks that work to the PDF, but when the
PDF is first opened it is in 'page only' mode and I have to manually open the bookmarks pane.
I know that this should be configurable; in Adobe Acrobat under File->Document Properties
there is a tab called 'Initial View'; one of the dropdowns, labeled 'Navigation tab' allows
you to choose which panes are open when the file is opened. Is there a way of setting this
property using PDFBox, and if so how would I go about doing so?

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Aron
>
> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.