pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Esteban R <eru...@hotmail.com>
Subject Font subset issue
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 16:22:56 GMT
Hello.

I have created PDF/A-2b document with pdfbox and I have found that the font subsetting provided
by pdfbox doesn't match the following requirement from the specification:

Specification: ISO 19005-2:2011, Clause: 6.2.11.4, Test number: 4
If the FontDescriptor dictionary of an embedded CID font contains a CIDSet stream, then it
shall identify all CIDs which are present in the font program, regardless of whether a CID
in the font is referenced or used by the PDF or not.

That is: some CIDs which are in the CIDToGidMap don't appear in the CIDSet.
Maybe it is a bug or you can add an option to generate the CIDSet to be consistent with the
CIDToGidMap.

Additional details (including a sample pdf file) here:
https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/issues/907

I think that I can provide the code used to generate the sample pdf if needed.

Esteban