pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gary Grosso <gary.gro...@oberontech.com>
Subject RE: QUADDING constants
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 15:11:56 GMT
Thanks Tilman, I thought they were public but not visible, which was disturbing my fragile
sense of competency.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 11:03 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: QUADDING constants

Am 06.09.2017 um 16:54 schrieb Gary Grosso:
> Sigh. This must be something about Java I need to understand better. I get "The field
PDVariableText.QUADDING_LEFT is not visible".

You're right... these are not public. That explains why google found it only for an older
version.

Tilman

googled, etc., for close to a half hour. I suspect this is something that everyone "just knows"
but I have to admit ignorance.
> It's also mentioned in the PDF 32000 specification:
>
> A code specifying the form of quadding (justification) that shall be used in displaying
the annotation's text:
> 0 Left-justified
> 1 Centered
> 2 Right-justified
> Default value: 0 (left-justified).
>
> And then I enter "PDVariableText quadding" (without quotes) in google I find the constants
that Andreas mentioned, although for an older version. If you don't get these, check if some
plugin manipulated your browser's search results.