pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gary Grosso <gary.gro...@oberontech.com>
Subject workaround for PDF being considered modified if using setNeedAppreances(true)
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 01:40:10 GMT
When using PDAcroForm.setNeedAppearances(true) to set a signal in the PDF file that Reader/Acrobat
should provide missing appearances, if a user opens that PDF file and goes to quit, even if
they have made no changes (manually), they are prompted to save the file, because of the appearance
modifications which have been done automatically.

I found that I could insert a hidden textbox with a bit of JavaScript to avoid this:

PDActionJavaScript jsAction = new PDActionJavaScript();
jsAction.setAction("if (typeof(pdfDocOpened) == 'undefined') {this.dirty = false; var pdfDocOpened
= true;}");
annotationActions.setPO(jsAction);
widget.setActions(annotationActions);

I also had to augment some code I am using to allow a user to specify a date textfield as
"current" to maintain the modified/unmodified status:

PDActionJavaScript jsPageOpenAction = new PDActionJavaScript();
String javaScript = "var isDirty = this.dirty;"
        + "var now = util.printd('mm/dd/yyyy', new Date());"
        + "var oField = this.getField('" + nameStr + "');"
        + "oField.value = now;"
        + "if (!isDirty) {this.dirty = false;}";
jsPageOpenAction.setAction(javaScript);
annotationActions.setPO(jsPageOpenAction);

Gary