pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gary Grosso <gary.gro...@oberontech.com>
Subject RE: QUADDING constants
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 20:42:21 GMT
I can call PDBorderStyleDictionary.setWidth with 0, 1, or 2, for now, but it looks to me like
setWidth() sets the COSObject to a float, e.g., 0.0, 1.0, etc., which Acrobat XI and Reader
DC ignore. It should be set to an integer.

See http://aapro.net/PDF/BorderWeightTestAcrobat.pdf vs aapro.net/PDF/BorderWeightTest.pdf.

The BorderWeightTestAcrobat.pdf was created by opening BorderWeightTest.pdf in Acrobat, setting
the borders, and saving.

It's a little awkward, since setWidth should really take an int argument, not a float to begin
with. The PDF spec, to my reading, is looking for an integer number of points. So truly fixing
it would break any applications trying to pass in a float. OTOH, I don't see how any such
applications could be working, even though they'd compile. I suppose non-Adobe PDF renderers
might work with float data.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 12:48 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: QUADDING constants

Am 06.09.2017 um 17:11 schrieb Gary Grosso:
> Thanks Tilman, I thought they were public but not visible, which was disturbing my fragile
sense of competency.

I first thought you were using Netbeans (which requires to press CTRL SPACE twice to see the
statics sometimes) but then I saw the missing public. I'll create an issue later tonight or
tomorrow (unless you do) to put it back in. I don't see a reason why this was removed.

Tilman

PDVariableText.QUADDING_LEFT is not visible".
> You're right... these are not public. That explains why google found it only for an older
version.

> Tilman

googled, etc., for close to a half hour. I suspect this is something that everyone "just knows"
but I have to admit ignorance.
>> It's also mentioned in the PDF 32000 specification:
>>
>> A code specifying the form of quadding (justification) that shall be used in displaying
the annotation's text:
>> 0 Left-justified
>> 1 Centered
>> 2 Right-justified
>> Default value: 0 (left-justified).
>>
>> And then I enter "PDVariableText quadding" (without quotes) in google I find the
constants that Andreas mentioned, although for an older version. If you don't get these, check
if some plugin manipulated your browser's search results.