pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jan Petzold <zakkings...@gmail.com>
Subject TTF embedding issue
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 05:21:33 GMT
Hi, I'm new to pdfbox. I'm trying to convert an existing PDF which
uses an embedded OpenSans font
(https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+Sans) and receive these errors
from preflight:

3.1.9: Invalid Font definition, FZUADF+OpenSans: mandatory CIDToGIDMap missing
3.1.11: Invalid Font definition, FZUADF+OpenSans: The CIDSet entry is
missing for the Composite Subset

Everything else seems to be fine, but for these I don't really have a
starting point. I can modify the source font (TTF file) if I have to,
the question would be how to do that and what exactly.

I also tried to just replace the embedded font with a new one
(basically iterate through PDF pages, get the resources, replace fonts
with my new ones) which "fixes" the error but results in a garbage
document not displaying valid text.

Any advice would be very welcome :)