pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDBorderStyleDictionary.setWidth (was RE: QUADDING constants)
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 21:01:47 GMT
I'm gonna have a look this weekend... the other problem (Q) has been
solved in a recent issue.

Tilman

Am 07.09.2017 um 16:16 schrieb Gary Grosso:
> Very sorry, I see that was confusing as heck. I must have overstayed my caffeine.
>
> I'm calling setQ with 0, 1, or 2 for now. End of subject.
>

> New subject: PDBorderStyleDictionary.setWidth()
>
> It seems this produces output like http://aapro.net/PDF/BorderWeightTest.pdf but I need
it to produce output like http://aapro.net/PDF/BorderWeightTestAcrobat.pdf in order for Acrobat/Reader
to display different border thicknesses.

> I'm doing the following which makes Adobe products happy:
>
>      private static void setBorderWeight(PDBorderStyleDictionary borderStyle, String
string) {
>          int wt;
>          try {
>                  wt = Integer.parseInt(string);
>          } catch (NumberFormatException exc) {
>                  wt = 1;
>          }
>          COSDictionary dict = borderStyle.getCOSObject();
>          dict.setInt("W", wt);
>          //borderStyle.setWidth(wt);
>      }
>
> Hopefully I'm making sense this time.
>

> Thanks,
> Gary

to me like setWidth() sets the COSObject to a float, e.g., 0.0, 1.0, etc., which Acrobat XI
and Reader DC ignore. It should be set to an integer.

>> See http://aapro.net/PDF/BorderWeightTestAcrobat.pdf vs aapro.net/PDF/BorderWeightTest.pdf.
>>
>> The BorderWeightTestAcrobat.pdf was created by opening BorderWeightTest.pdf in Acrobat,
setting the borders, and saving.

>> It's a little awkward, since setWidth should really take an int argument, not a float
to begin with. The PDF spec, to my reading, is looking for an integer number of points. So
truly fixing it would break any applications trying to pass in a float. OTOH, I don't see
how any such applications could be working, even though they'd compile. I suppose non-Adobe
PDF renderers might work with float data.

>> Gary

my fragile sense of competency.
>> I first thought you were using Netbeans (which requires to press CTRL SPACE twice
to see the statics sometimes) but then I saw the missing public. I'll create an issue later
tonight or tomorrow (unless you do) to put it back in. I don't see a reason why this was removed.

>> Tilman

"The field PDVariableText.QUADDING_LEFT is not visible".
>>> You're right... these are not public. That explains why google found it only
for an older version.

>>> Tilman

searched, googled, etc., for close to a half hour. I suspect this is something that everyone
"just knows" but I have to admit ignorance.

in displaying the annotation's text:

the constants that Andreas mentioned, although for an older version. If you don't get these,
check if some plugin manipulated your browser's search results.