pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: QUADDING constants
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 16:48:29 GMT
Am 06.09.2017 um 17:11 schrieb Gary Grosso:
> Thanks Tilman, I thought they were public but not visible, which was disturbing my fragile
sense of competency.

I first thought you were using Netbeans (which requires to press CTRL
SPACE twice to see the statics sometimes) but then I saw the missing
public. I'll create an issue later tonight or tomorrow (unless you do)
to put it back in. I don't see a reason why this was removed.

Tilman

PDVariableText.QUADDING_LEFT is not visible".
> You're right... these are not public. That explains why google found it only for an older
version.

> Tilman

googled, etc., for close to a half hour. I suspect this is something that everyone "just knows"
but I have to admit ignorance.
>> It's also mentioned in the PDF 32000 specification:
>>
>> A code specifying the form of quadding (justification) that shall be used in displaying
the annotation's text:
>> 0 Left-justified
>> 1 Centered
>> 2 Right-justified
>> Default value: 0 (left-justified).
>>
>> And then I enter "PDVariableText quadding" (without quotes) in google I find the
constants that Andreas mentioned, although for an older version. If you don't get these, check
if some plugin manipulated your browser's search results.