pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: TTF embedding issue
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 05:35:20 GMT
What exactly is your assignment? Convert some files so that they are
PDF/A-1b? Because you wrote "I'm trying to convert" but not to what.

Is it just that one file, or many?

Making files PDF/A compatible isn't just fixing some fonts... there may
be many issues. Callas and PDF-Tools have software for that.

Re the two issues you mention, this would require to create the two
items (CIDToGIDMap and CIDSet) from the existing font subset. Would be
some hours of work, but possible... maybe look at the file with
PDFDebugger whether the font shows something useful re GIDs. See also
PDCIDFontType2Embedder for how it is calculated...

What you did likely didn't work because it was subsets.

Tilman