pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: how to remove a field from a PDF
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 16:50:46 GMT
Hi,

> Maruan, I attached the pdf and it is available to the public at https://www.gsa.gov/forms-library/request-advance-or-reimbursement

the form is a static XFA based PDF which means that in order for Adobe
Reader to properly pick up added data you need to update the data in
AcroForms/XFA/datasets which is based on XML. If you set the data for
the interactive PDF forms fileds only the new data will not be taken
into account.

Another issue is that the PDF form is Reader enabled. As of today
PDFBox doesn't support incremental updates for such forms (which would
be neccesary to not break the Reader Extensions) you need to reapply
the Reader Extensions after changing the form. This is not something
you can do using PDFBox - you need either Adobe Acrobat, Adobe AEM
Forms Reader Extensions or Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions.

BR
Maruan

> Ricky

form? Do. you view it in Adobe Reader?

> For a LiveCycle form you need to update the dataset:data node in the XFA as this is what
Reader looks at.

> BR Maruan
>
> > Am 12.09.2017 um 22:14 schrieb Baker, Ricky <ricky.baker@ttu.edu>:
> >
> > Tilman, what we are having issue with is running a pdf created in adobe livecycle.
We can set the values for field(s) that are used to calculate another field, but the calculated
field does not populate. We are not flattening it.

> > Ricky

existing field structure, and also remove all the widgets from all pages.

> > Better do it with Adobe Acrobat.
> >
> > If it is one file only, send it to me (tilman at snafu dot de), I'll do it carefully
with NOTEPAD++.

> > Tilman

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827