pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDFbox unable to render Chinese font correctly when converting pdf to images
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2017 09:50:36 GMT
Hello Fangqiao,

I am able to render that file with PDFBox 2.0.7. You can see it at
http://imgur.com/a/UOfRl

In the log I get this:
  Warning  [PDCIDFontType0] Using fallback ArialUnicodeMS for CID-keyed
font AdobeKaitiStd-Regular
  Warning  [PDCIDFontType0] Using fallback ArialUnicodeMS for CID-keyed
font AdobeKaitiStd-Regular
  Warning  [PDCIDFontType0] Using fallback ArialUnicodeMS for CID-keyed
font AdobeKaitiStd-Regular
  Warning  [PDCIDFontType0] Using fallback ArialUnicodeMS for CID-keyed
font AdobeKaitiStd-Regular
  Warning  [PDCIDFontType0] Using fallback ArialUnicodeMS for CID-keyed
font AdobeKaitiStd-Regular
  Warning  [PDCIDFontType0] Using fallback ArialUnicodeMS for CID-keyed
font AdobeSongStd-Light
  Warning  [PDCIDFontType0] Using fallback MicrosoftYaHei for CID-keyed
font STSong-Light

Your invoice does not have its fonts embedded. The messages indicate
that PDFBox has chosen to use the fonts ArialUnicodeMS and
MicrosoftYaHei  to display.

Either you don't have these fonts installed, or maybe you used an older
PDFBox version?

Tilman

Am 19.08.2017 um 09:19 schrieb YE ...:
> Hi Tilman,
>

> Thanks for the quick reply. I will check for commercial solutions with font hinting you
mentioned here.

> I have also included the links to the attachments mentioned in my previous email in case
you want to take a closer look.

> PDF file:
>

> https://shujubiji.cn/uppv/bjPhoto/d5418a966daecda62bcf056ddc1e79c99a4c6546/1503126757317/chinese_invoice.pdf?zid=__itemtoken__fe4bd85ea612752d11b4fdb02ff43c8871f9bc1c
>

> You need to download it then use a PDF reader to open it so Chinese characters can be
shown correctly.

> Converted image:
>
> https://shujubiji.cn/uppv/bjPhoto/d5418a966daecda62bcf056ddc1e79c99a4c6546/1503126770469/chinese_invoice_1.jpg?zid=__itemtoken__6de80b84edb217bb37a19218bcec1eb78a24bcfc
>

> Screenshot of the originally PDF displayed in PDF reader correctly:
>
> https://shujubiji.cn/uppv/bjPhoto/d5418a966daecda62bcf056ddc1e79c99a4c6546/1503126791380/screenshot_from_2017_08_17_17_12_03.png?zid=__itemtoken__a7c4267ccd9597273a7d0286cb3353b1541a9ee1
>

> Best regards,
>
> Fangqiao

font size is small. Sadly, the Traditional Chinese edition of Windows bundled ...