pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Bell, Kurt (US - Chicago)" <kurtb...@deloitte.com>
Subject PDFBox - Saving Font Cache to AWS S3 Bucket
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 14:52:39 GMT
I am running a serverless app using AWS Lambda and since the storage is ephemeral I am having
to rebuild the Font Cache every time.  I used the line below to set the location to /tmp,
that way Lambda can build it locally, but it is inefficient and I am also being charged for
the extra times it takes to do this on every call.

System.setProperty("pdfbox.fontcache", "/tmp");

I've been trying to save the Font Cache to an S3 bucket but haven't been able to make that
work successfully.  Has anyone been able to do it?

specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

v.E.1