pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "YE ..." <stephe...@hotmail.com>
Subject PDFbox unable to render Chinese font correctly when converting pdf to images
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 09:56:08 GMT
Hi,

I am from China and using PDFBox to convert pdf files to images. It worked excellently in
most cases. Thanks a lot for the team's great work.

However recently I used it to convert some invoices in PDF to images and then some Chinese
characters weren't converted correctly. Attached is a sample PDF file, converted image and
a screen shot of the original PDF opened in PDF reader, which displayed all Chinese correctly.

I am seeking help from the community:

- what's the possible cause for the problem?

I guess that in the original pdf file some Chinese characters' font wasn't set correctly.

- how to fix it?

If the above guess is correct, is there a way to detect correct font type and set the correct
font for conversion?

- or is there other solution that can fix the problem?

Many thanks,

Fangqiao