pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Problem with appearance construction when newline character included in field value
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 07:19:51 GMT

> Am 24.08.2017 um 09:10 schrieb Scott Coldwell <scott.coldwell@hrworx.com>:
>
> Tried with both 2.0.6 and 2.0.7. Also tried with multiline on and off. Different results
with the multiline flag as to what was visible without focus, but neither was correct.

Would it be possible to get a sample form? BTW - for multiline and font size auto we don't
scale the font but set it to 12pt. So this is a known limitation.

For single line could you just replace the newline with space or is it important to have the
newline as part of the data?

>> On Aug 24, 2017, at 1:49 AM, Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Scott,
>>

>>> Am 24.08.2017 um 03:01 schrieb Scott Coldwell <scott.coldwell@hrworx.com>:
>>>
>>> Maruan/Tilman,
>>>
>>> We’re having an issue with a text field where the value includes a “\n”.
 The field does not show the value properly until you click into the field.  This has been
an issue in the past with the appearance construction so that’s my guess as to what’s
happening.  Additional note, the field is set to auto font size (0).  I’m going to file
a bug report, but is there a workaround I can use in the meantime to correct the appearance?