pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDFbox unable to render Chinese font correctly when converting pdf to images
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:18:45 GMT
Hello Fangqiao,

Your files didn't get through, you must upload them to a sharehoster.
But I suspect that this is a known problem with chinese fonts, the cause
is explained here:

How to fix it - by implementing font hinting. Which we haven't done.
There is no workaround, sadly. (Except of course use better fonts when
creating the PDF).

There are some commercial java products (google for them). At least two
of them have implemented font hinting (the others I don't know).

Sorry for not having better news.

Tilman