pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Chinese document: mangled characters, ASCII block code points off by 1
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 16:40:54 GMT
Am 02.08.2017 um 00:16 schrieb Zubiri, Tomas:

> Good afternoon,
>

> http://www.filedropper.com/1308134649
>
> The document linked above isn’t being read correctly by PDFBox.
> Characters in the ASCII block appear to be off by 1, for example,
> numbers appear to be one value higher.
>
> Should I upload this as a bug in JIRA?

Despite you not answering, I was able to guess what you're trying to
tell us.

1) You are using 1.8.* version. This is not very good in rendering, and
it can't render the chinese glyphs at all, and the numbers are off by
one. Use 2.0.7.
2) The 2.0.7 renders the numbers correctly. (The cause in 1.8.* is that
the internal code is indeed off by one, this is a weirdness in the file
and a bug in 1.8.*, but not a broken PDF) The chinese glyphs do look
chinese but in poor quality. This is a known and unsolved problem and is
described here:

Tilman