pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Esteban R <eru...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Invalid XMP generated by CreatePDFA?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 03:27:33 GMT
I have upgraded to 2.0.7 today and it works fine with this release.

Thanks!

Esteban

________________________________
De: Andreas Lehmkuehler <andreas@lehmi.de>
Enviado: lunes, 24 de julio de 2017 05:00 p.m.
Para: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Asunto: Re: Invalid XMP generated by CreatePDFA?

Hi,

Am 21.07.2017 um 22:46 schrieb Esteban R:
> Hello. I get an exception while parsing XMPMetadata (details below) created by CreatePDFA
(https://pdfbox.apache.org/1.8/cookbook/pdfacreation.html)
Apache PDFBox | Create a Valid PDF/A Document<https://pdfbox.apache.org/1.8/cookbook/pdfacreation.html>
pdfbox.apache.org
PDF/A Creation. The Apache PDFBox API can be used to create a PDF/A file. PDF/A is a PDF file
with some constraints to ensure its long time conservation.

> I have noticed that adding "xml:" before "lang" in the following line of the "<dc:title>"
solves the issue:

>            <rdf:li lang="x-default">out.pdf</rdf:li>
>
> (Fixed line:    <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">out.pdf</rdf:li> )
>
> Is this an error in the metadata?
>

> Additional details:
>
> This is the complete XMP created by CreatePDFA (line 6 is the problem):
>
> <x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
>    <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
www.w3.org<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
www.w3.org
@prefix rdf: . @prefix rdfs: . @prefix owl: . @prefix dc: . a owl:Ontology ; dc:title "The
RDF Concepts Vocabulary (RDF)" ; dc:description "This is the RDF Schema for ...

>      <rdf:Description xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" rdf:about="">
>        <dc:title>
>          <rdf:Alt>
>            <rdf:li lang="x-default">out.pdf</rdf:li>
>          </rdf:Alt>
>        </dc:title>
>      </rdf:Description>
>      <rdf:Description xmlns:pdfaid="http://www.aiim.org/pdfa/ns/id/" rdf:about="">
>        <pdfaid:part>1</pdfaid:part>
>        <pdfaid:conformance>B</pdfaid:conformance>
>      </rdf:Description>
>    </rdf:RDF>
> </x:xmpmeta>
> <?xpacket end="w"?>
>

> I tried to parse the XMP metadata with Adobe's XMP parser (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp.html)
and I get the following exception:
Adobe - XMP Developer Center | Adobe Developer Connection<http://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp.html>
www.adobe.com
Adobe's Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) is a labeling technology that allows you to embed
data about a file, known as metadata, into the file itself. More ...

> com.adobe.internal.xmp.XMPException: Nested content not allowed with rdf:resource or
property attributes.

> The code for parsing is basically:
> XMPMetaFactory.parse(new FileInputStream(args[0]));
> (I save the XMP metadata to a file with PDFDebugger)
>
> I'm using pdfbox 2.0.5. I can provide more details (and step by step instructions to
reproduce)  if needed.
I can't reproduce the described effect using the current trunk and 2.0.7. Maybe
you should update to the newest version.

> Esteban Ruiz

Andreas