pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ernest Fayngold <smart...@gmail.com>
Subject Help getting pt fontsize of text.
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:28:51 GMT
Hi,

I am working on parsing pdf documents and need to get a real font size. The
document I am working with seems to define a different type 3 font for
different sized text on the page. All the font size is set to 0.24. I am
trying to use the TextPosition Class to get a real FontSize in Pt for the
font. The Font descriptor is set to null, however is available for some
pieces of text written in Arial. I have tried using CapHeight in those
cases, but ran into an issue where there is a ton of white space above and
below the text that is being captured by the cap height. I was hoping
someone knew a way to get the real font size of the text, as I am at a
complete loss.

Thanks,

Ernest