pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Box issue with type3 font
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2017 03:25:08 GMT
.

from users@pdfbox.apache.org arrive ok :s .

>> To get a perfect bounding box for the cyan rectangle, the only thing one
>> could do would be to evaluate the content stream in the charproc:
>
> We will ignore the issue by now, but in case we decide to implement a solution in the
future... maybe we can just create a "mock" document with the content stream, render it with
PDFImageWriter.writeImage and then find the bounding box in the resulting image?

Yeah, but how find it? There is some code in PDFDebugger in the trunk
(Type3Font.java) that does create a mock document. But it's just an
image. One would have to look at black pixels. What if (just in theory)
the font is white? What might be tried is to process only the path
commands and see what happens. But there's also the problem of some
fonts that use tiny images.

I'll do something re: the example, i.e. add a comment that
charProc.getGlyphBBox() is sometimes unreliable, and certainly not as
good as the individual glyph bounds on vector fonts. And add some code
to compensate for a glyph bbox that is larger than the font bbox.

Tilman

> Esteban

the file (or font) is corrupted or there is an issue in pdfbox (or in DrawPrintTextLocations).
How can I get a tightly enclosing box for the character?