pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Catching log warnings
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 06:30:16 GMT
Am 03.07.2017 um 05:40 schrieb karthick g:
> Hi team,
>
> Is their way to catch the warnings that print at the console .
>
> For example am getting the warning while rendering the Image
>

> *Unexpected object type: org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSDictionary*
> I need to catch this info and do some action based on this warning

That's not a warning, that's an exception.

Usually it should be passed upwards so that you can catch the exception.
If not, then it is one of the many cases where we catch it, because
users insist that we process even the worst broken PDF files ("but it
works with Adobe Reader!!1!"). In that case, modifying the source code
to be non-lenient is your only option.

So please tell what you did, and upload your PDF somewhere.

Tilman