pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Text Bounding Boxes and Reflowing
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 16:15:25 GMT
Am 21.06.2017 um 00:47 schrieb Nathan Artz:
> Okay great - with regard to adding text, would you recommend any libraries,
> i.e. that have helpful methods 'autofit to size' at all, or reflowing
> within them? For instance, using a form field to do this?

No recommandation... a google search finds this:
https://hardmockcafe.blogspot.com/2016/04/pdf-text-layout-made-easy-with-pdfbox_17.html
But as I said, somewhere in AppearanceGeneratorHelper.java there is code
to format text, see the call to PlainTextFormatter.

Re: "using a form field" - no, that makes no sense, unless it is a form
field.

Tilman