pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Peter Pinnau <peter.pin...@unterbrecher.de>
Subject Printing A4 documents created with PDFBox
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2017 09:05:39 GMT
I create 1-page documents with pdfbox, current version 2.0.6.

Page is added like this:

final PDDocument doc = new PDDocument();

PDPage page = new PDPage(PDRectangle.A4);
doc.addPage(page);

// rendering some images and texts ...

The document is printed on a sticker template (Zweckform) via Adobe
Reader or another PDF application. The printing positions has to be
accurate.

The user has to be set an option in the printing dialog to avoid
scaling. I believe the reason for default scaling are the page margins
of the printer (hardware or driver specific).

Is there a way to create a PDF document in a way, that A4 is printed
exactly on A4 regardless what printing hardware and application is used?
Maybe I have to specify margins or some of the PDF boxes (crop, bleed
...). I did some tests on that without success.

--
Viele Grüße
Peter Pinnau

Diplom Wirtschaftsinformatiker (FH)