pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Size of compressed files
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:42:40 GMT
Am 13.06.2017 um 14:16 schrieb Vassallo, Fabio:
> Here we go:
> https://mega.nz/#F!RLZn1KYR!ChydVBbdCzWSc1qyKJRtlg
>
> The PDFBox document is in two versions as I tried to optimize the size by avoiding calls
to setContentStreamFont(...) and setNonStrokingColor(...) if not strictly necessary.
> Nevertheless, as I could except, the size of compressed document changes very little.

First page of smallest PDFBox file has 127 (!) content streams, many of
them empty (but Flate compressed so it costs about 29 bytes extra), most
of them tiny. You can see that with PDFDebugger.

The itext file has only 8 content streams.

Tilman