pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Davis <cjgun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pdf font
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 17:57:41 GMT
My program has the following definitions:

    private PDFont font;
    font = PDType1Font.COURIER;
    stream.setFont(font, fontSize);

When I run the program (it was working fine last time I ran it) it is
throwing the following:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: U+008F ('.notdef') is not
available in this font Courier encoding: WinAnsiEncoding
    at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font.encode(PDType1Font.java:425)
    at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.encode(PDFont.java:323)
    at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPageContentStream.showText(PDPageContentStream.java:414)

I am running openSUSE Tumbleweed.  I am wondering if openSUSE has messed up
fonts since this worked in the recent past??

I did update the project this a.m from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 when the exception
was first thrown but it still persists.

Thanks for any direction.