pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From r..@swansongrp.com
Subject JAI Dependency During Image Extraction
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:03:14 GMT
Trying to extract images from a PDF. Got the following
error(s):

Jun 10, 2017 3:00:16 PM org.apache.pdfbox.contentstream.PDFStreamEngine operatorException
SEVERE: Cannot read JPEG2000 image: Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) Image I/O Tools are not
installed

I went to the PDFBox web page:

https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/dependencies.html

which indicates that I need to install the appropriate
jar:

Reading JPEG 2000 (JPX) images: JAI Image I/O Tools Core

However, when I clicked on the link for JAI in the "dependencies.html"
page, the java.net webpage indicated that:

"We're sorry the java.net site has closed."

Any suggestions on where to find the JAI code?

Thanks,

Bob Swanson

Working environment: Running pdfbox-app-2.0.6.jar under Linux (Ubuntu)