pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Sushant <susha...@fitwell.in>
Subject Re: Is it possible to rotate annotation by certain angle ?
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 11:55:23 GMT

On 01-05-2017 16:54, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
> Am 01.05.2017 um 13:04 schrieb Sushant:
>> Thanks Tilman for quick response.
>>
>> So it means that if the noRotate flag is set to false, annotation
>> will also rotate if page is rotated ?
>>
>> I tried this, I added a external stamp on a pdf using Adobe Acrobat
>> Reader DC, In my code i set the annotation flag setNoRoate to
>> false(By default also it was false), rotated the page with pdfbox
>> with 90  but the annotation didn't rotate.
>
> It depends what rotation. What you describe is relevant to page
> rotations, not rotations in the content stream.
Sushant : yes it is relevant to page rotations only as content stream
doesn't do anything with annotation. I tried with page rotation only.

> Also, when reading the specification earlier today, I saw this:
>
> "Text annotations shall not scale and rotate with the page; they shall
> behave as if the NoZoom and NoRotate annotation flags (see Table 165)
> were always set."

Sushant : I also saw this, but one thing is always making me wonder that
how the annotation is getting rotated when i rotate with
AdobeAcrobatReader Dc and also with PDFRotator tool.