pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Text alignment and wrapping
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 07:23:46 GMT
Hi,

> Am 16.05.2017 um 08:53 schrieb Vassallo, Fabio <Fabio.Vassallo@wuerth-phoenix.com>:
>
> Good morning.
>
> As PDFBox doesn’t support tables (and I need to write tables in documents) I’ve created
the class infrastructure to do it (cells, rows, etc.).
> I’ve also managed the text alignment and wrapping inside each cell.
>
> Now I had a doubt: does PDFBox already manage the alignment and wrapping inside a rectangular
region.
> In other words, did I reinvented the wheel or not?

no PDFBox doesn't provide that yet. There is code to handle text wrapping and alingment for
interactive form fields but that's not part of the public API.

There are some other libs sitting on top of PDFBox such as boxable that do provide that.

BR
Maruan