pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gary Grosso <gary.gro...@oberontech.com>
Subject RE: creating fillable forms, possibly in/from existing PDF file?
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 14:05:48 GMT
Thanks, Andreas. I think I got there as the result of a Google search.

This time I specifically went to https://www.mail-archive.com/users@pdfbox.apache.org/ and
things are working much better.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Lehmkühler [mailto:andreas@lehmi.de]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:20 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: RE: creating fillable forms, possibly in/from existing PDF file?

> Gary Grosso <gary.grosso@oberontech.com> hat am 18. Mai 2017 um 05:09 geschrieben:
>

> Thanks for your reply, Tilman.
>
> I see PDFBox allows for text field/area (single or multi-line), list box, combo box,
check box, push button, and radio button.

> Would it be reasonable to say that implementing a date picker in an acroform should be
possible, but would require JavaScript (e.g., using PDFormFieldAdditionalActions class)?

> By the way, it seems it is no longer possible to search the archives. For example, this:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/search?a=1&l=pdfbox-users%40incubator.apache.org&haswords=PDDocument&x=16&y=9&from=&subject=&datewithin=1y&date=2016-05-15&notwords=&o=relevance
>
> results in:
>
> "No matches were found for PDDocument date:[20150516 TO 20170515]"
You are using the wrong ml-address, replace "pdfbox-users@incubator.apache.org" with "users@pdfbox.apache.org".
The former one was deprecated in 2009 when pdfbox graduated to a top level project.

Andreas

> which I know not to be true.
>
> Am I searching incorrectly or in the incorrect location?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

of PStill), or build it with PDFBox from scratch. In the past I added bookmarks to our existing
PDF files using PDFBox.

> > I see in the examples (https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/interactive/)
that a PDAcroForm instance is being added to a newly created empty PDDocument.

> > Is it worth considering modifying an existing PDF document to add fillable form
fields? Or should I not waste time with that approach and plan to create a new document from
scratch?

> IMHO it doesn't make much difference because acroform is separate from the rest. Creating
fields with PDFBox is always tricky.