pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Steve Hannah <st...@weblite.ca>
Subject Re: PDFbox Windows 10 Universal
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 16:21:39 GMT
Looks like PDFBox depends on IKVM in order to run in .Net.  IKVM doesn't
work in UWP and the maintainer (rather former maintainer - he recently
announced he's retiring) has no plans to add support.  We maintain a fork
of IKVM that runs on UWP:
https://github.com/shannah/cn1-ikvm-uwp

But, it isn't turn-key.  We have focused on tailoring it for our use cases
(Codename One mobile apps), and it requires some bootstrapping inside the
app to make it work.  In addition, it is very likely that PDF box requires
more of the JDK than we currently rely on, so it is unlikely that it would
work out of the box even with bootstrapping.   And unfortunately the
documentation I provide right now probably isn't enough for you to get up
and running, so that is a warning to you to be cautious before sinking time
into it.

Best regards

Steve