pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: problems with PDType0Font and heights of character
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 16:36:44 GMT
Hi Uwe,

Getting the height is tricky... I suggest you have a look at the
DrawPrintTextLocations.java example, this shows how to get the exact
height from the glyph. Look for "(font instanceof PDVectorFont)".

The values for ascent etc are often not very reliable; although this
time it's us who are generating them :-(

I could have a deeper look at the problem, if you want, create a request
in JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX) with
- the font
- a generated PDF file
- some numbers about what you were expecting

However it isn't sure that it can be solved.

Tilman